Welcome to VAECE!
The Virginia Association for Early Childhood Education is an organization of people interested in the education and welfare of young children and their families. The purpose of this web site is to support the mission of VAECE, by providing easy access to information and reference material of interest to our membership.
Membership is available to all people concerned with the well-being of children, from birth through age eight, in Virginia. Click here for more information on membership!
2014 Annual Conference
Registration Now Open!
With more than 1500 attendees, the 2014 VAECE Annual Conference is the largest gathering of classroom teachers, leaders, administrators, consultants and researchers in Virginia! Join us in the beautiful mountains of southwest Virginia, as we return to Roanoke for the 58th Annual Conference!
The VAECE Annual Conference will feature:
- Commercial Exhibits
- Workshops & Seminars
- Rally for Children
- Affiliate Ideas
- Student Social
- And much more!
WHAT IS VAECE?
Click here to learn more about who we are, our mission, vision, and purpose!
VAECE ANNUAL REPORT
VAECE LOCAL CHAPTERS
VAECE serves its members in partnership with 12 local chapters, serving all counties in the state!
Click on the map below, to locate the local VAECE chapter serving your area..
VAECE local chapters and members work together:
- to provide educational opportunities for adults who work with young children;
- to advocate legislation at the state and local level for quality educational opportunities; and
- to implement programs and services for young children and their families.
Become a Fan today on Facebook!
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MEMBERSHIP?
Membership includes membership in and benefits from 4 organizations: NAEYC, SECA, VAECE, and your local affiliated chapter. You will receive:
- TYC Journal -6 issues or Young Children - 6 issues
- Dimensions of Early Childhood Journal - 4 issues
- Viewpoint, VAECE Newsletter - 4 issues
- All NAEYC Resources (20% off)
- Discounts on registration for NAEYC, SECA, VAECE, and Local Conferences
- 6 books annually from NAEYC
(comprehensive membership only)
- Membership in Special Interest Groups
- Leadership & Advocacy Opportunities
- NAEYC accreditation support, teaching materials, and more
- Scholarships for CDA, College, National, & State
- Online classes for CDA, Director Credential, and Credential Renewals
- Keeping informed on what is going on in the state and
nationally that affects you
- Networking and support from colleagues
- Advocacy on a state, regional, and national level
Plus much more!
Click below to learn more about the full benefits of membership:
VAECE Value of Membership
SECA Value of Membership
NAEYC Value of Membership